Monday January 25, 2021. Last updated: 16:40
Number of cases, recoveries, and tests:
• A total of (845) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Jordan, today. Distributed as follows:
(471) Cases in Amman.
(36) Cases in Al-Balqaa Governorate.
(31) Cases in Azarqaa Governorate.
(16) Cases in Al-Karak Governorate.
(14) Cases in Aqaba Governorate.
(12) Cases in Madaba Governorate.
(167) Cases in Irbid Governorate, including (28) cases in Al-Ramtha Province.
(34) Cases in Al-Mafraq Governorate.
(19) Cases in Jerash Governorate.
(16) Cases in Al Tafilah Governorate.
(13) Cases in Ajloun Governorate.
(7) Cases in Ma'an Governorate, including (1) case in Petra Province.
Therefore, the total number of cases in Jordan rise to (321,298), of which (8176) are active cases.
(15) Deaths were recorded today, bringing the total number of deaths to (4239).
(56) Cases were hospitalized today, and (62) people were discharged.
The total number of confirmed cases receiving treatment in hospitals today is (383).
The total number of isolation beds used in hospitals for confirmed and suspected COVID-19 cases yesterday was (328) with an occupancy rate of (8%). While the total number of ICU beds used in hospitals for confirmed and suspected COVID-19 cases yesterday was (133), with an occupancy rate of (15%).
The total number of ventilators used in hospitals for confirmed and suspected COVID-19 cases, yesterday was (57) with an occupancy rate of (6%).
(1176) recoveries were recorded today, including home isolated cases and the hospitalized. Bringing the total number of recoveries to (308,883).
(23,980) COVID-19 tests were conducted today, bringing the total number of tests to (3,735,138). Accordingly, the percentage of positive tests for today is (3.52%).
The Ministry of Health calls on everyone to abide by the Defense Production Act, and to follow precautionary measures; wearing masks, not holding/attending gatherings of more than (20) people, and to follow the awareness campaigns launched in partnership with a number of ministries and organizations in order to prevent COVID-19 spread. And to register on www.vaccine.jo to take the vaccine.